Not only can you stop a foreclosure sale by filing a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, but the filing will give you time to catch up on your mortgage payments, too. However, if you’re in this situation, you’ll need to move fast. Consider starting by talking to a reputable Chapter 13 attorney who can help you decide whether it’s in your best interest to stop the sale and whether you can put together a Chapter 13 repayment plan that will let you stay in the home.
Ask Nannette About:
• Chapter 13 bankruptcy will stop foreclosure
• Chapter 13 bankruptcy can save your home
• Chapter 13 bankruptcy can wipe out a junior mortgage
• Filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy to avoid tax liability
• Questions for your attorney